Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tinker School

After watching this video, I thought Tulley’s approach to learning was interesting. Kids go and just start working with stuff. They figure it out on their own or plan it out. The kids take things apart and put them back together. They can relax and have fun doing stuff rather than being stressed about a test or quiz. They learn new things that they didn’t know before.  I think with having the thinker school, kids can actually learn more with hands on learning rather than a teacher talking the whole time and trying to explain something.
Being a student in school is quite the experience. Listing to teachers lecture and talk about something is hard to do but, when you understand the essential of what is being taught you can actually learn something.In school you also have to be patient. You have to listen to the teachers and obey what the rules are.
My experience of learning things outside of school to me is more demanding. I learn to do things on my own and make my own decisions of what I think is best for me. Sometimes I don't make the right ones but, you learn from your mistakes and move on.  
I would love to go to a school that approached learning this way. With not having the pressure to worry about what to remember on a test, would make it so much easier on me. I would learn more with hands on activities. It would help me better understand how to make or do things.
Something that stuck out to me in the video was the dull, hateful, plastic grocery bags that could be used to make a bridge. A bridge stronger than anyone can imagine. Another thing that stuck out to me was the seven year olds' that built a roller coaster. I thought that was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment